Chunky Chilli Pasta Bake
Delicious supper for 4, minced beef with pasta, mozzarella and Parmesan, baked until golden. Very economical way to feed 4 with a delicious meal
PREP TIME: 20
COOK TIME: 40
- RECIPE DETAILS
- BUY THE PRODUCT(S)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Heat a large shallow non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onion and chilli for 5-7 minutes until brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, Madeira or sherry and seasoning to the mince. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in the gravy. Mix the cheeses together.
- Combine the mince and pasta with half the cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into a 2L ovenproof dish or 4 individual ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley before serving with warm crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
500g lean beef mince
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
200g dried pasta shapes, e.g. penne, fusilli or eliche
150g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 large sprigs fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons Madeira wine or sweet sherry
500ml good, hot prepared beef gravy
50g grated Mozzarella cheese
25g grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish